I will be interviewing industry experts to find out their top tips, career regrets, what they wish they’d known when starting out and so much more. As well as hearing from myself and my fellow colleagues, the CB Digital team, about how we live our lives as Marketers.
If you have any questions or content suggestions for this part of our blog, please let me know in the comments section at the end of this post.
So, to kick it off I will introduce myself and tell you about my month in Marketing (April 2021).
My name is Elizabeth, and I am the Marketing Communications Manager at CB Digital Design. I am the face behind most blog posts you read, and I am super passionate about all things PR, copywriting, social media and more.
Within the Marketing industry, you are constantly developing your skill set and expanding on existing knowledge. From new trends to algorithm changes, the fast-paced nature is why I love my job so much! This month I properly discovered Clubhouse, a bit late to the game I know, but it has become my new bestfriend! It provides a unique opporunity to speak with industry experts and stay ahead of the ongoing trends.
As I’ve said, I never know what to expect from each day but with passion and drive, I am achieving amazing things for so many different businesses.
WHAT ARE MY APRIL HIGHLIGHTS…
Celebrating my 6-month anniversary at CB Digital Design.
Chloe and I finally met for the first time! (due to Covid restrictions we had been entirely virtual beforehand).
Our blog page had a complete re-design, which meant I improved my website design skills.
I completed several courses, most notably a full SEO course which has given me the knowledge to boost client websites and, in turn, increase their return on investment!
We have become a team of 4 and collectively & individually produced some amazing results for clients.
CALLING BUSINESS OWNERS & FELLOW MARKETERS
Within these monthly roundups, a member of the CB Digital team will also share their top tips! These are industry proven and will create digital marketing success for your business.
Some months might focus on Social Media Management and others will discuss branding, blog writing, video content and the list goes on!
THIS MONTH I AM FOCUSING ON INSTAGRAM…
1. Respond to people’s comments with a question! The more engagement on your profile, means your online visibility will increase.
2. Stories are time relevant content; they are only live for 24 hours! This is your opportunity to tell your audience what you are doing TODAY! Or give them a recap of the day/week. People are interested in the face behind the brand…
3. Always end the story with a call to action. For example, encourage them to direct message you, send them to a previous post, ask for content ideas etc.
4. RULE OF 7. It’s thought that people will buy from your business once they have seen your product 7+ times. A good way to do this is to utilise all of Instagram’s features to get your product out there and avoid seeming repetitive by only using one (stories, guides, reels, feed posts and IGTV).
5. Repurposing content. Sometimes as a business owner, it is important to work smarter not harder. Therefore, following on from my last point, repurposing content for other Instagram features or using user generated content (UGC) instead of designing can generate equally as much traffic.
Again, if you want me to delve into any more top tips on, for example, how to create a PR campaign on a budget or how to rank your website higher on Google, drop me a message in the comments section!
To conclude, April has been an amazing month! Big things are coming, and I am feeling very excited and grateful to be a part of such an amazing business.
Living the life of a Marketer is pretty great!
THANK YOU FOR READING!
Marketing Communications Manager